Mispro Biotech Services Corporation is a leading vivarium services company that offers state-of-the-art in-vivo research environments for early-stage drug & product development research. Serving the biomedical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industry, Mispro supports its clients with animal husbandry, veterinary, and compliance services that enable researchers to focus on science while they conduct & control their own studies in stable & secure environments.
Based out of the North-East region, and reporting to the Senior Director of Business Development and Partnering, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling Mispro’s sales processes through developing and maintaining an efficient sales team.
- Establish, execute, and implement a comprehensive sales plan
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each market. Monitor actions and results against plans
- Prepare precise budgets on both selling expenses and revenue generation that aligns with the plan
- Liaise with executives on the implementation of the company’s strategic, operational plan and budget
- Effectively build and manage a team of sales representatives in order to achieve the budget goals
- Manage all prospecting efforts including but not limited to; delivery of a detailed prospect management plan, regular weekly reporting on activity and results, accurate timely sales forecasting and prospect development
- Identify large lead generation opportunities that drive significant leads
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained
- Successfully negotiate contracts that represent good value for the client and sound business for the company
- Handle follow-up related to sales and drive completion of contractual documents
- Develop and deliver proposals and implementation plans
- Facilitate contract development and execution, provide guidance on contract terms and requirements, obtain needed contract approvals and signatures, adhere to corporate contracting procedures
- Works closely with leadership and marketing team on value proposition, key messaging, development of marketing collateral and materials that drive ongoing lead generation
- Represents company and brand at conferences and with prospects, business partners, industry organizations, vendors, key constituents, and brokers as needed
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within market and develop deep knowledge of the customer ecosystem
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- 15-20 years relevant industry experience in biotech and/or life sciences and Contract Research Organizations (CROs); or, equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Biological Science with MBA is preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive
Other Information (Physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.):
- The ability to lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs. is required.
- Competitive benefits package provided