New York City
Join our team & make a difference
At Mispro, we are dedicated to embedding diversity and inclusion into our organizational culture while offering our employees a rewarding career in the biotechnology industry. We offer competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, matching 401K, commuter benefits, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), friendly & fun working environments, and opportunities to grow within the company. We are committed to employee knowledge & growth initiatives by offering training and support for certifications that enhance your qualifications in the Laboratory Animal Science field. We hire employees at all skill levels who value teamwork and would like to have a career where you really do make a difference!
Major Accountability & Essential Job Functions
Responsible for ensuring daily operational maintenance of the site animal facilities, supervision of animal care staff, and ensuring appropriate animal care to various laboratory animal species in accordance with all institutional, local and federal regulations. As the local site lead for the Mispro global operations & business teams, assume responsibility for maintaining & assuring positive client relations in terms of day-to-day support for science. Work closely in support of Business & Site Development Teams to develop & expand local site operations, commission new facilities, and identify/on-board new clients. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks. Must be available to support weekend, holiday and after-hour operational responsibilities.
Qualifying Candidate Profile
A supervisory level position responsible for the management of the local vivarium physical plant, supervisory oversight to Cage Wash and Animal Care Technicians as well as operational support to the Mispro client research community in our AAALAC-accredited, global in vivo research support program. The qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust) and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), a strong commitment to providing quality research service support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care. Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and lead personnel in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on attention to detail in providing quality and consistent results in the execution of all supervisory and managerial duties.
- 35% responsible for daily supervisory oversight, performance and behaviors of Animal Care and Cage Wash Technician staff performing routine husbandry tasks (daily checks, animal receipt, cage changes, cage wash, sanitation, etc.) of the vivarium (predominantly rodent).
- 35% responsible for providing and ensuring optimal vivarium service support to the MISPRO Site Operations in vivo research community.
- 10% responsible for coordination & documentation of preventative maintenance of the vivarium physical plant.
- 10% responsible for compliance with all institutional (IACUC, QA), governmental (City of Cambridge, City of New York, PHS, USDA) and accrediting (AAALACi) protocols & policies.
- 10% responsible for management & reporting of site budgetary matters (supplies, daily census, charge-backs).
- Director of Operations
- With ‘matrix management’ site program responsibilities to Director of Business Management & Strategic Partnerships, Manager of Operations & Site Development, and Manager of Quality Assurance & Compliance
- 8-12+ years (inclusive of 2 – 5 years prior management/leadership experience is highly desirable)
- High School Diploma is or equivalent required
- 2 or 4-year degree in basic science, animal science, or veterinary science is required
- MA, MS, MBA, or other advanced degree in related scientific/business management field highly desirable
- AALAS-LATg, CMAR, ILAM, and/or CPIA (or equivalent) certification is required
(Physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.):
• The ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. is required.
• The ability to work safely with chemical disinfectants, handle some unpleasant elements and tolerate normal odors/airborne particulate matter of a rodent facility is required.
• The ability to wear protective clothing or equipment is mandatory
Rotating weekend and holiday coverage is required; additional weekday overtime work may be required from time to time.
Life, Medical, Dental, 401K, Vision