South San Francisco
Join our team & make a difference
At Mispro, we are dedicated to embedding diversity and inclusion into our organizational culture while offering our employees a rewarding career in the biotechnology industry. We offer competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, matching 401K, commuter benefits, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), friendly & fun working environments, and opportunities to grow within the company. We are committed to employee knowledge & growth initiatives by offering training and support for certifications that enhance your qualifications in the Laboratory Animal Science field. We hire employees at all skill levels who value teamwork and would like to have a career where you really do make a difference!
Mispro Biotech Services is seeking a Site Supervisor for its South San Francisco location. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring daily operations of the site animal facilities, supervision of animal care staff, and ensuring appropriate animal care to various laboratory animal species in accordance with all institutional, local, and federal regulations.
Major Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
- Responsible for daily supervisory oversight, performance, and behaviors of Animal Care and Cage Wash Technician staff performing routine husbandry tasks daily checks, animal receipt, cage changes, cage wash, sanitation, etc. of the vivarium predominantly rodent .
- Responsible for providing and ensuring optimal vivarium service support to the Site Operations in vivo research community.
- Responsible for coordination documentation of preventative maintenance of the vivarium physical plant.
- Responsible for compliance with all institutional IACUC, QA , governmental City of Cambridge, City of New York, City of South Francisco, PHS, USDA and accrediting AAALACi protocols policies.
- Responsible for management reporting of site budgetary matters supplies, daily census, charge-backs .
- Assume responsibility for maintaining assuring positive client relations in terms of day-to-day support for science.
- Work closely in support of Business Site Development Teams to develop expand local site operations, commission new facilities, and identify/on-board new clients.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be available to support weekend, holiday and after-hour operational responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Qualifying Candidate Profile
The qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust) and communication skills (written, verbal), a strong commitment to providing quality research service support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care. Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and willing to participate in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on individual accountability for attention to detail in delivering quality and consistent results in the execution of all daily husbandry duties.
- 8-12 years inclusive of 2-5 years prior management/leadership experience is highly desirable specifically in lab animal facilities.
- Experienced knowledge in lab animal facility operations, technical work, and lab animal equipment and supplies.
- Ability to effectively follow and display verbal and written instructions
- Ability to display interpersonal skills that are favorable to effective communication across the organization.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with coworkers, research staff, managers, and leadership.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office.
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in basic science, animal science or veterinary science is required.
- ALAT Certification or higher required
- MA, MS, MBA, or other advanced decree in related scientific/business management field highly preferred.
- ALAT or higher certification (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- $75,000-$100,000 per year
- Bonus Pay
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place